Sunday, May 18, 2008

First ride since Ironman Arizona

Well...it had to happen eventually. Today the weather was perfect and I couldn't find any excuses for not pumping up the tires on my bike and taking it out for a spin. It's been a month since Ironman Arizona and I hadn't even taken the race number off of my bike. Very sad.

So, I put on my biking shorts during a fit of inspiration and slowly but surely started to go through the checklist. Tires pumped up...check. Sit on couch and watch tv. Water bottles full...check. Surf net for cool you tube videos. check. Sunscreen on...check. Eat left over pizza from last night. Assemble shoes, helmet and sunglasses...check. Well, I might as well give this a go. Inertia is a wonderful and terrible thing. Once I start working out, I get big mo on my side but until that happens, the first steps out the door are wretched.

But, I made it out today! Rode through La Jolla and turned around to come up N. Torrey Pines. About 50 minutes of riding for a whopping 12 miles. Felt good though! Let's hope this is the start of something.

Ok...now, where's the rest of that pizza???

No comments: