Sunday, August 1, 2010

Go time

August 1st. Good a time as any to start keeping a log of my Ironman Arizona training. Kebby, Steph and Jen are out riding and I should be getting ready for my run. Funny how updating my blog about training seems more important than actually doing the training right now. Fortunately, I'm going to have to get out and exercise so that I actually have something to write about.

I believe the keys to having a good race in November are going to be:

- consistent training
- good nutrition
- staying healthy

Obviously bad luck can hit anyone but I think I generally know what to do. Got to get up every day and at least start the workout. Have to be smart about listening to my body. Walk away when the carrot cake starts whispering in that seductive voice. And finally, stretch/roll every day.

Managed to get in 86 miles on the bike yesterday, so the guilt monster is acting up too much yet.


No comments: