Monday, June 15, 2009

Weird start to a taper

So I'm a couple days into my taper and can't say that I'm pleased. In addition to a minor cold, I had an incredibly weird accident on Saturday. I was getting ready to go for a short ride and was looking for a spare helmet since my original had been sent with my bike on tri-bike transport.

I opened a closet in the garage and was shocked when the entire door came off the hinge and landed on my right foot with a thud. I can't describe how bizarre and unexpected that was! Still can't believe it. At a minimum, I gave myself a huge bruise on the top of my foot. At worst...may have a little break or fracture. The good news (if you can call it that) is that the damage is on the top of my foot. It's swollen but triathlon specific activity (i.e. pushing off) doesn't hurt except when my shoe touches the top of my foot.

The cold appears to be fairly minor so I'm hoping that it will clear during the next three to four days.

No comments: